Where to Start
Where to Start
We understand arranging funeral and cremation services can be overwhelming but our family will help you through the process, ste-by-step, with care and compassion.
- Contact the Social Security Office Our family files the Statement of Death by Funeral Director for you. If death or survivor benefits are available, you can contact the local office at 800-772-1213. Information and forms are available online at the above link.
- Insurance Companies: Our family can assist you with obtaining and filing insurance forms. The process can be difficult so don’t hesitate to ask for help.
- A Will, property transfers or vehicle transfer
- Savings or Bank institutions, including safety deposit boxes and other investments
- Unions and work related organization (if retired)
- Fraternal organizations (Mason Lodges, Eastern Star, Knights of Columbus, VFW Posts, Etc.)
- The U.S. Postal Service
- The Church
- Veterans and Veterans’ Associations
- Our family will assist you in requesting a flag for burial purposes, a Presidential memorial certificate, burial allowances (if available), and applying for a veteran’s headstone or marker (if desired). Some services require a copy of the veteran’s discharge papers (DD-214). If these papers are lost, the staff can assist in requesting copies from the VA.
Meryle-Lynn Beighley Epps, age 61 of Farmington, passed away Monday, October 11, 2021 in Uniontown Hospital. She was born in Vanderbilt, PA on March 11,…
Josephine J. Pelc Shaffer, age 96, of Uniontown, passed away Wednesday, November 3, 2021 in Marquis Garden Place. She was born in Smock, PA on…
Eden Belle Gibson was born on October 27, 2021, at 9:25 AM at Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, West Virginia. She is the daughter of…